Friday, February 05, 2010

Been thinking about hunting lately since I bought a new rifle.  I came across Genesis 9:2-3 in the bible regarding animal life and feel strongly that any animal that is harvested should be used and not wasted.  That scripture is clarified in the Joseph Smith Inspired Translation as follows:


JST GENESIS 9: 10-13

Man will be held accountable for murder and also for wasting animal life. (compare Genesis 9: 3-9)

10 But, the blood of all flesh which I have given you for meat, shall be shed upon the ground, which taketh life thereof, and the blood ye shall not eat.

11 And surely, blood shall not be shed, only for meat, to save your lives; and the blood of every beast will I require at your hands.

12 And whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed; for man shall not shed the blood of man.

13 For a commandment I give, that every man’s brother shall preserve the life of man, for in mine own image have I made man.

No comments: