Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hot and Dry

Boy, what a hot, dry summer it has been.  Despite that, summer has been filled with church camps, family camps and a small family getaway to Idaho.

I got to go to Priest Camp for the first time.  We went to some National Forest land above Bear Lake.  This was interesting because the leaders stayed in trailers and the youth stayed in tents.  Not too shabby actually.

I made a hammock which was quite popular with the boys as well as myself.  The older I get, the more comfort becomes important to me.

The very next week was Boy Scout Camp.  The leaders stayed in tents on this one...I made sure that comfort was on top of the list.  I splurged for a nice cot and pad.  I was pretty darn comfortable.
It was lots of fun to watch Nick swim and be excited for the merit badges he would earn.  That kid can swim so much better than his old man.

As a family, we went to McCall, Idaho and stayed in a condo with DeVon and Julie.  We spent a couple days up there and then a couple days in Boise.  Nick and I fished, the family rode bikes and just enjoyed being somewhere different.
Nick investigating fishing possibilities

Joanie finishing up a bike ride

Nick and Gabby trying their best model poses

Family bike ride in Boise...very bike friendly town!

Nick at a high altitude alpine reservoir

Nate and Joanie posing in the mountains

Dinner is always a good time for a picture

A trophy bass fishing lake in McCall-  I didn't catch any though


We purchased a trailer this summer.  I took it with the Priests to our camp, that was nice.  We since took it up to our camping property and have left it up there for the rest of the summer.  The kids are now in school and it's doubtful we will have much camping left this year so we will probably bring it down on Labor day.  The kids got to bring up friends; playing at the lake (and in it's mud) and animal watching are favorite activities.
Mud Baths
Moose

No comments: