Friday, July 17, 2009

Here's some info about my work-life:

Employed for county government doing IT/Telephone support. I support the following technologies:
Windows XP
Windows Server 2000-server 2008
Exchange 2000
Upgrading to Exchange 2007
Avaya Definity PBX
Avaya Audix VM
End user support
Backup/recovery



I also do tech-support for a few businesses in town. I get a lot of satisfaction from helping businesses who don't know where to turn for technology related issues.

Today I downloaded Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 (free) and installed it on my work PC. This allowed me to create multiple virtual computers inside my computer which is nice for testing or learning how to manage. Now I'm installing Windows 7 RC (which is a free pre-release version) on one of the virtual machines I've setup. This can be downloaded until next month and will work until June of 2010. It will be nice for me to be able to open up the new OS in a window (better than the days of dual booting) and get the feel before I have to work on it for real.

No comments: