Monday, October 19, 2009

Co-ops Home to Urban Coops

Working on potential ammo, I mean resources for the day that may come when Brigham City decides to crystallize it's animal code in relation to keeping pet chickens.  The city code, as currently written, specifies one definition of "pet" as domesticated fowl, it also lists 6 birds may be kept and gives the housing space.  The animal control people will tell  you chickens are not allowed but even the city officials recognize there is a loophole and it is vague.

Cities in Utah that I have so far found which allow backyard chickens are: Salt Lake City, Provo, Orem, Moab, Ogden and Woods Cross.

This is the little hen house and run that my 6 hens live in.  They have a pretty good life and reward us with yummy eggs.

It doesn't take a lot to raise them and I have different varieties of hens so friends and neighbors can see what different chickens look like.  I also get white, brown and green eggs!

No comments: