Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Fishing and at a lesser degree, hunting has become a guilty pleasure of mine recently.  I don't do it a lot.  Not as much as my son wishes I would.  But when I do, the relaxation has recuperative powers.  The guys I go with don't talk much and when they do, it is usually about what type of lure, gun or ammo is being used and why.  The quote "Silence is golden" really fits in this situation, not so much that the outside conversation is minimal but for me, the peace comes from the quieting of conversation in my own head.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not standing there without a thought on my mind, but the thoughts are no longer a review of past conversations or crafting of future ones...which usually occupies my mind to the point of insanity.   Ok, not insanity but definately to the point of utter annoyance.  I don't know if its nature or being with people outside my most intimate circles (family and close friends) where the little things don't matter quite as much.

We recently went to Chesterfield Reservoir in Idaho where the trout were amazingly fat.  These guys were bigger than any trout I had caught before.  It was fun, the only ones we kept were ones that wouldn't live and they all ended up at my house and got smoked.  Here are some pictures of the trip:




Last week I took a drive up to our camping property to bring down the last of our camping equipment.  I was alone, the weather was very warm...especially for the end of september.  It was a beautiful day and I felt like I was the only one on the mountain.





I'll be going deer hunting up here in a couple weeks.  We'll see if I'm successful or not.

No comments: