Friday, November 05, 2010

Yes, another hunting/fishing entry...

It's waterfowl season.  The weather hasn't really changed yet but thats ok with me.  I hate to be cold.  I had the opportunity to go with friends duck hunting at their blind.  The surprise was, we had more geese come in than duck.




I've never eaten goose.  I have had duck and it is probably an acquired taste.  I like the challenge of preparing it in a way that compliments its strong flavor.  I think as a society we've moved away from a lot of foods that have been staples for centuries. 

Just for something different I made jerky out of the geese that I brought home.  Some jerky was made with ground meat and some I sliced the breasts and then marinated and smoked them.  They both turned out very well.





Nick really enjoyed the jerky.  Everyone at work did as well.  Now I need to hunt more so I can make more.

I did have the opportunity to go deer hunting with Shaun a couple times but we only saw does so we did not bring anything back. 

No comments: