Saturday, January 02, 2010

Duck Tacos

I went hunting yesterday with Shaun for an hour or so.  We flushed out a hen and drake but hit neither.  Shaun had gotten a drake Mallard the day before and told me I could have it if I wanted.  He showed me again how to breast it out and soon I had a ziploc with duck breast to experiment on.  Having such a strong flavor I decided teaming it with other strong flavors would be wise.  Duck tacos became the menu.  After rinsing and giving it a soak over night, I cubed it up and marinated it in salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, onion and garlic powder.  I heated the skillet and began to sautee the meat until done.


remaining cubes of meat after preparing tacos

 Nick and I grabbed lettuce, cheese, sour cream etc. while the duck cooked in the frying pan.  We through together the ingredients and pretty soon had some tasty duck tacos on our plates.




The flavor of the duck still came through but didn't over power the other flavors of the taco.  Nick enjoyed them as well.  So I feel this was a successful venture into using duck!

No comments: